NORIGIN MEDIA is a TV Everywhere company, which enables multi-screen and OTT services for carriers, broadcasters and content owners. The Scandinavian company offers a complete multi-screen application suite and a Live TV hosting headend capacity as primary products.
The company has 2 main business units for Premium TV and Video Multi- Screen Apps (Hybrid Apps) and a Linear TV Cloud management platform for pre-CDN distribution preparation (Cloudncoder.com). Together, the value chain for an end-to-end linear OTT solution is provided by the company as well.
NORIGIN MEDIA is seeking an experienced Video Architect for OTT products offered by the company. The specialist will work in the company’s core platform engineering Team in Oslo, Norway.
As the Video Solutions Architect at NORIGIN MEDIA, you have the technical responsibility for the company’s market leading cloud based video delivery platform.
As a hands-on creator of the product, from design to development for our evolving features and solution, you will not only be involved in planning the solutions but also responsible for the coding and development along with other allocated personnel for every project.
You will have great influence on our OTT platform architecture strategy as well as technology selection and feature roadmap. We seek an experienced candidate with drive and passion that seeks to work with leading edge products such as Cloudncoder.com and globally renowned customers.
The current flagship products of the company include the Hybrid Apps, a multi-screen TV and video suite of applications and cloudncoder.com, a multi-screen cloud encoding product for linear TV content and events. The company shall offer an end-to-end cloud managed live video product for smaller cable operators.
- Participate into hands on creation, including coding, and execution of the platform improvement strategy
- Continuously develop the OTT video platform deployed in the company’s private cloud
- Manage and execute projects in the field of video capture, encoding and transcoding, storage, delivery and content protection
- Work closely with the technology vendors and build good working relationships
- Continuous improvement of system automation and monitoring
- Participate into annual HW and SW budgeting
- Work closely with Product Management and Marketing in defining product definitions and product roadmap
Skills and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of high scale OTT TV systems and architectures
- Strong technical background on video encoding (H.264, HEVC/H.265)
- Good understanding of video packaging and OTT streaming (HLS, DASH, HDS, HSS)
- Good understanding of DRM solutions and offerings (Google Widevine, MS PlayReady, Verimatrix, Adobe Primetime, Apple FairPlay)
- Experience from satellite reception head-ends (IP receivers, conditional access solutions)
- Working knowledge from high scale physical and virtual environments (kvm) is beneficial
- Working knowledge of relevant networking technologies is appreciated (i.e. multicasting, routing, streaming protocols)
- Hands on experience with working on various encoding and origin server software platforms such as Varnish and Wowza
- Programming skills in Java, Python or similar
- Analytical and structured
- Focus on quality and ability to document
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Good presentation and customer service skills
- Team player
- Thrives being on the leading edge of technology
- Understanding of Scandinavian Culture and/or Language will be preferred.
- 3 years of University education
- Fluent with verbal and written English
- DRM vendor certifications (i.e. Google Widevine)
- ITIL certifications
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory).