NORIGIN MEDIA is a TV Everywhere company, which enables multi-screen and OTT services for carriers, broadcasters and content owners. The Scandinavian company offers a complete multi-screen application suite and a Live TV hosting headend solutions as its primary products. The company has provided solutions for T-Mobile, France Telecom/ Orange, Teracom Boxer, Nextel, Eurosport, TV2 Denmark, BBC, MTV, FOX and other reputable customers. The privately held company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. www.noriginmedia.com
NORIGIN MEDIA is seeking an experienced Platform Engineer to work in the company’s core platform engineering Team in Oslo, Norway. In this role you will be working in a team which has technical responsibility for the company’s market leading cloud based video and service delivery platforms. We are looking for highly motivated candidate with drive and passion to work with leading edge products such as Cloudncoder.com and highly demanding customers. Your primary responsibility is operation and maintenance of Norigin Media’s state of the art video platform. You will work in an environment running carrier grade Cisco network infrastructure, industry leading IPTV head-end, OTT encoding platforms, advanced storage and clustering solutions as well as wide range of servers running on Linux and Windows operating systems. Your role will be to cover 2nd and 3rd line support depending on experience and background. Additionally you will also be assisting with Change and Incident Management with responsibilities potentially extending to development, testing and variety of internal projects.
Norigin Media offers you a chance to work with the newest of technology and services in a young, fun loving, international environment where your contribution will be noted. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the biggest companies in telecom and pay-TV industry. Our offices are situated at Nydalen, the media hub of Oslo with short distance to after work skiing or the beach in the summer.
The current flagship products of the company include the Hybrid Apps, a multi-screen TV and video suite of applications and cloudncoder.com, a multi-screen cloud encoding product for linear TV content and events.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient Linux User with system administrator experience
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, multicasting and commonly used application and streaming protocols
- Working knowledge from high scale physical and virtual environments (kvm)
- At least basic knowledge on database solutions (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Incident and Problem Management based on ITIL framework
- Troubleshooting experience, able to deliver according to strict deadlines and SLAs
- Service orientation and a sharp customer focus
- Willingness to work hard and have fun at work
- Good verbal and written English (other language skills appreciated)
We also appreciate
- Good understanding of video packaging and OTT streaming (HLS, DASH, HDS, MSS)
- Hands on experience with working on various encoding and origin server software platforms such as Varnish, Nginx and Wowza
- Technical knowledge of high scale OTT TV systems and architectures
- Working knowledge with Zabbix monitoring solutions
- Experience with SQL databases, reporting and BI solutions
- Experience with DRM solutions and offerings (Google Widevine, MS PlayReady,Verimatrix, Adobe Primetime, Apple FairPlay)
- Experience from satellite head-ends (IP receivers, conditional access solutions)
- Analytical and structured, focus on quality and ability to document
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Customer service orientated team player
- Thrives to be on the leading edge of technology
- 3 years of University education in IT field
- Fluent with verbal and written English
- Red Hat, Microsoft, Cisco and the ITIL certifications are a bonus
- At HQ in Oslo, Norway with frequent travel internationally
People with IT service desk, system administrator, network engineering and software engineering backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Two to four years of working experienced is appreciated but graduates with keen interest on IT systems are also welcome to apply.
You will be working in our Global Service Operations Center participating into a shift rota and on-call duties. This includes stand-by duties over nights and weekends.
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory) and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.