Norigin Media is a proudly Scandinavian TV Streaming products & services company. We make TV-Tech simple for broadcasters and operators around the world, who run multi-screen TV streaming solutions similar to Netflix, HBO Nordics, Viaplay, etc.
As one of the original European video streaming providers since 2004, Norigin Media offers video hosting, TV products development and services for multiple global streaming services.
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media have offices in multiple locations and also have staff in mutliple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!
PLATFORM ENGINEER (Sys Admin / Dev Ops)
We are looking for a talented Platform Engineer to be a part of our core engineering team in Oslo, Norway. The team has technical responsibility for the company’s cloud based TV & Video and service delivery platforms. You can imagine that a TV platform needs to function perfectly at all times considering that people at streaming TV & video, more and more, every day!
The team in Oslo consists of men and women, from across the world. We are around 35 persons in our Oslo offices with persons from around 15 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organisation with self running individuals who will have a good place for both personal and professional development. The team in which you would be working is a small, lean and efficient team.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with drive and passion to work with our streaming services delivered to major broadcasters globally.
Your primary responsibility is the live management, operations and maintenance of our video platform. You will manage a broadcast-grade network infrastructure, industry leading IPTV head-end, OTT (streaming) video encoding platforms, advanced storage and database clustering solutions running mostly on Linux. Your role will be to participate within our 2nd & 3rd line operations and support tasks depending on experience and competence. Additionally you will also be assisting with Change and Incident Management with responsibilities potentially extending to development and variety of internal projects. The list goes on but our space is limited… 🙂
People with system administrator, engineering and software engineering backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Two to four years of working experience are appreciated, but graduates with keen interest on IT systems and proven ability to learn quickly should also apply.
- Proficient Linux User with system administrator experience
- Working knowledge about TCP/IP, multicasting and commonly used application and streaming protocols
- Practical experience with high scale physical and virtual environments (kvm)
- Experience with Incident and Problem Management based on ITIL framework
- Troubleshooting experience, able to deliver according to strict deadlines and SLAs
- Working knowledge with Zabbix or other open source monitoring solutions
- Experience with database solutions (MySQL, MongoDB), reporting and business inteligencey solutions
- Knowledge of open source technoligies we use, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Nginx, Prometheus, ELK stack, Grafana and more
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or other cloud platforms
- Technical knowledge of OTT TV systems and architectures, video encoding, packaging and streaming technologies
- Analytical and structured, focus on quality and ability to document
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Customer service orientated team player
- Curious about open source software and technologies
- 3 years of University education in IT field
- Fluent with verbal and written English (other language skills appreciated)
- Red Hat, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, Mongo and ITIL certifications are a bonus
- A fun working environment right in the centre of Oslo.
- A very international workplace with great projects and people.
- Lunch & Coffee (const COFFEE = ‘Code’;)
- Regular company hackathons.
- Socially active work environment with fun colleagues, including table tennis and pool table.
- A budget for attending tech conferences in Scandinavia and abroad.
- Opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to our Norigin tech blog.
- Be part of our social events within the company and meet people from all disciplines, not just your fellow nerds.
- And other little sweetners like mobile, home internet, insurances, pensions.
You will be working in our Global Service Operations Centre and role requires you to participate into a shift rota and on-call duties, including stand-by duties over nights and weekends. Special compensations apply. More information regarding shift arrangements available on request.
Salary is negotiable depending on what skills you have and the skills you’re missing and many other things of course. But don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team! If you have managed to read this far through the application leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter.
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory) and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritised).
Please send your cover note and CV to email@example.com. Please state the position of “Platform Engineer” in the subject field.