We are looking for a charming, business savvy person who is looking for a full-time career in the Mediatech space, where the world is an opportunity. We are looking for a sales person who understands the B2B sales processes and cycles and who can work in multiple countries and cultures.
The role is primarily located in our HQ, Oslo, Norway but will include so much travel that you will practically live in a suitcase. We require the person to be based in Oslo to be close to our tech & product colleagues so we understand what we sell directly.
The team in Oslo consists of men and women, from across the world. We are around 35 persons in our Oslo offices with persons from around 15 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organization with self-running individuals who have a good place for both personal and professional development.
The candidate should be an enthusiastic, passionate about B2B business development, networking, marketing and conferencing within the Telecom, Media and broadcast industries. The candidate will be selling TV-Technology related to streaming services. We have a need to expand our reach within some key markets in Europe and any previous experience will be great!
- Develop new business opportunities across an allocated region ( Europe is the initial requirement) with Pay-TV Operators and Broadcasters/ TV Companies
- Manage a portfolio of potential customers, initiate appointments, analyze needs, set up demonstrations and propose solutions
- Manage the entire sale process, from lead generation & presentations to negotiations, contract signing and account development
- Have responsibility around the company’s marketing, including tradeshow planning & online marketing activities and management of all events attended in Scandinavia and Europe.
- Attend networking events & relevant tradeshows to promote Norigin Media solutions across Europe.
- Reporting of activities including sales projections, customer databases and other sales reports
- Customer satisfaction & management of accounts including up-sales
- Mandatory: 3-5 years experience in B2B Tech products sales and business development in Europe.
- Preferred: Good network, contacts/ database of Mobile-TV /VoD/ IPTV Professionals at Pay-TV Operators across Europe
- Preferred: Network of New Media/ Mobile Professionals at Broadcast companies
- Mandatory: A demonstrable and successful track record of revenue growth and commercial success with Mobile VAS (Streaming, VoD, TV, Client Apps)/ Digital Content related services to Mobile operators & Broadcast companies.
- Preferred: Experienced and comfortable with value-based selling and international negotiations towards international B2B clients.
- Required: Extremely target/ commercial oriented and able to work closely with the rest of the team.
- Required: Ability to work with multiple projects and share resources in a small, matrix environment
- Mandatory: Ability to travel very frequently.
- Preferred: Experience with developing B2B propositions and business models with Mobile Operators/ Broadcast companies.
- Experience and passion for working across many countries and foreign cultures.
- Preferred: Any Telecom VAS knowledge and particularly of the Mobile TV / IPTV Digital Content industry
- Preferred: Sales experience within the broader areas of Media (TV, Telecom solutions or multimedia) or Solution Sales.
- Preferred: Sophisticated communication and negotiation abilities in introducing new business concepts to major organizations internationally
- Mandatory: Excellent English language skills. Other languages a huge plus.
- Mandatory: Excellent Excel and PPT/ Keynote skills.
- Mandatory: University degree
Don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team! If you have managed to read this far leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter.
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory) and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
Please send your cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position of “Sales Manager” in the subject field.
Norigin Media is a proudly Scandinavian TV Streaming services company. We make TV-Technology simple for broadcasters and operators around the world, Technology that runs multi-screen TV streaming solutions similar to Netflix, HBO Nordics, Viaplay, etc.
As one of the original video streaming players in Europe, Norigin Media offers video hosting, TV products development and services for multiple global streaming services since 2004.
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media has staff in multiple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs, and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!