We are looking for a full-time technical project lead to join our expanding TV Apps development team in Oslo HQ. You should be already located in Oslo or ready to relocate. The team in Oslo consists of men and women, from across the world. We are around 35 persons in our Oslo offices with persons from around 15 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organisation with self running individuals who will have a good place for both personal and professional development.
The candidate should be passionate about software development, processes and agile methodology. He/she will be responsible for creating and implementing the internal software development process in the company and overseeing the project deliveries. At Norigin Media we are focused on building TV streaming solutions with cutting edge & creative technologies. We push ourselves to write clean and considerate code that delivers highly performant, functional and reliable experiences across many screens. Join us on our voyage of building great entertainment solutions, whether that’s a large application with millions of users or our in-house technology to accelerate our development team.
Scope of the role
- To coordinate and oversee the technical execution of software delivery projects of the company.
- Supporting teams of software engineers and quality assurance testers in building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for the purpose of the company.
- Participating in the development of plans and project teams while making sure goals and objectives of the company.
- Improving the quality of the service within the project deliveries both internally in the company and externally towards customers.
- To plan and monitor the successful implementation of such plans.
- Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company’s strategy – and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the teams, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence and quality.
- Team coordination. To coordinate a team of senior software developers (scheduling, quality and organisational goals as per budget & plans of company) – including external developers and consultants. Responsibilities will also include involvement of technical recruitment, identifying training needs, motivating and review the performance of the team.
- Team planning. To devise a tactical plan that can be collaboratively created and carried out by the team along with the R&D head – to maintain quality of development processes while implementing improvements to our solutions, processes and knowledge sharing within the team. To plan for team allocation and growth, while considering the blend/level of skills required within team.
- Consistency within team. Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- Day to day coordination of the team/projects. Assisting in resourcing decisions. Reviewing project progress, in cooperation with project managers, and overview of the performance of all individuals in the team. Organisation and performance management of the team as necessary. Facilitating the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team, as well as reporting on team performance and progress.
- Pro-active communication of opportunities. Creating a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team for our client’s. Encouraging pro- active discussions with client delivery and account/client project management teams.
- Cross team collaboration & initiatives. To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives – to bring products and services together. To make sure the development team are integrating other team’s services efficiently and that they are offering technical input into how all services can be delivered and improved. To strive to ensure that processes and appropriate levels of knowledge are shared between teams.
- Induction and training. To have a clear task list and plan for introducing and onboarding new members into the team. Making sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally. To provide training and workshops for clients and/or staff as required.
- Industry knowledge. To ensure your knowledge of the software development and online TV and video industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking/researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- Knowledge sharing. To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- Strong grasp of technical project management (software)
- Strong technical background and process implementation skills
- Strong analytical, coordinative and leadership skills
- Good organization, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability and flexibility to work with agile methodologies
- Proven track-record of balancing multiple projects at once and deliver projects successfully and on time (getting things done!)
- Understands perspectives of engineering, UI/UX , video streaming, and management level
- Enjoys being on the leading edge of technology
- Good team leader as well as team player
- Experience from best practice software operations and processes
- English (mandatory) & Norwegian (appreciated) working language.
- A fun working environment right in the centre of Oslo.
- A chance to be working in a medium sized business and multitask to improve an all round development
- A job that works across all levels of the organisation with delivery teams and the management.
- A very international workplace with great projects and people.
- Lunch & Coffee (const COFFEE = ‘Code’;)
- Regular company hackathons.
- Socially active work environment with fun colleagues, including table tennis and pool table
- A budget for attending tech conferences in Scandinavia and abroad.
- Opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to our Norigin tech blog.
- Be part of our social events within the company and meet people from all disciplines, not just your fellow nerds.
- And other little sweeteners like mobile, home internet, insurances, pensions.
Salary is negotiable depending on what skills you have and many other things. But don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team! If you have managed to read this far through the application leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter. For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory) and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
Please send your cover note and CV to email@example.com. Please state the position of “Technical Project Lead” in the subject field.
Norigin Media is a Scandinavian company offering streaming TV tech solutions and services for Broadcasters, Pay TV Operators and OTT service providers. We build multiscreen TV Apps and host linear TV content, which makes us specialists across the entire OTT streaming value chain.
Customers have included Deutsche Telekom, Orange Group, Telenor, FOX, BBC, MTV, Eurosport, Bonnier Broadcasting and others.
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media has offices in multiple locations and also have staff in multiple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!