- At Norigin Media, we build multiscreen TV Apps for Broadcasters, Pay TV Operators and streaming service providers, using creative, cutting-edge technologies. We push ourselves to write clean and considerate code that delivers highly performant, functional and reliable experiences across many screens. Multiscreen includes platforms across all major Smart TVs, PC/Mac browsers, Mobile and Tablet (iOS and Android), Apple TV, Android TV, PlayStation, and set top boxes.
We offer opportunities to grow as a developer in a positive and constructive environment. Code review and knowledge sharing are of great importance to us, so experience working in a team and following our development guidelines is a must.
The team in Oslo is very international, consisting of around 35 people from 17 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organisation with self-running individuals who will have a good place for both personal and professional development.
- 3+ years of professional application development experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent technical qualification
- Strong experience and interest in modern web technologies such as, React / React Native, TypeScript, Vue etc.
- Multi-screen development experience (Smartphones, Tablets, PCs, TVs)
- Deep experience with client integration of Restful APIs.
- Passion for building user experiences with adept knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3+ & the latest DOM APIs)
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and design patterns along with a drive for keeping things simple
- Solid foundation of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience in building production grade solutions that are both scalable and maintainable
- Experience with unit, integration & functional testing frameworks like Jest, Jasmine or Mocha
- English (mandatory) & Norwegian (appreciated) working language
- A fun working environment right in the centre of Oslo or at one of our broadcaster customer premises
- Opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to our Norigin tech blog.
- Regular company hackathons
- A budget for attending tech conferences in Norway and abroad
- Lunch and unlimited coffee (const COFFEE = ‘Code’;)
- Table tennis in the office and regular company socials
- Mobile, home internet, insurances, streaming subscription and other perks
Salary is negotiable depending on your skills. But don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team!
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start, and confirm that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
If you have managed to read this far through the application, leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter.
Please send your cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position of “Frontend Developer” in the subject field.
Norigin Media is a Scandinavian company offering streaming TV tech solutions and services for Broadcasters, Pay TV Operators and content owners. Our solutions include multiscreen TV Apps (like Netflix, HBO Nordic and Viaplay) and Cloudncoder, a linear TV streaming platform.
Norigin Media is privately owned and headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices and staff in several locations. As a passionate team of engineers, designers and TV streaming enthusiasts, our goal is to improve user experiences across all streaming services, on any device.
Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, Smart TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!