Junior frontend developer-Java Script
Oslo, Norway (Permanent Employment)
Our flagship solutions include tv apps (development services multi-screen app creation using our TV Apps framework) and cloudncoder (Live TV channels and video hosting platform for streaming TV services)
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media have offices in multiple locations and also have staff in multiple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are expanding our team of frontend Java Script engineers in Oslo with a Junior Frontend Developer. You will work with the latest technologies such as React across multiple interesting projects.
In our Oslo office works around 35 people from nearly 15 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organisation with self running individuals who will have a good place for both personal and professional development.
At Norigin Media we are focused on building multiscreen Apps with cutting edge & creative technologies. We push ourselves to write clean and considerate code that delivers highly performant, functional and reliable experiences across many screens. Join us on our voyage of building great entertainment solutions, whether that’s a large application with millions of users or our in-house technology to accelerate our development team.
Multi-screen includes platforms across all major Smart TVs, PC/Macs browsers, Smartphones and Tablets (iOS and Android), Apple TV, Android TV, and PlayStation. We offer opportunities to grow as a developer in a positive and constructive environment. Code review and knowledge sharing are of great importance to us, so experience working in a team and following our development guidelines is a must.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent technical qualification.
- Good knowledge of client integration with Restful APIs.
- Passion for building user experiences with adept knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3+ & the latest DOM APIs)
- Basic knowledge of unit, integration & functional testing frameworks like Jest, Jasmine or Mocha.
- Personal interest in video streaming services and development of video centric applications.
- English (mandatory) & Norwegian (appreciated) working language.
- A personal mentor that will take care of your on-boarding and personal development.
- To become a part of an internationally growing TV Tech company and community
- A job that allows you to work on some of the most popular streaming services in the Nordics.
- A very international workplace with great projects and people.
- Lunch & Coffee (const COFFEE = ‘Code’;)
- Regular company hackathons.
- Socially active work environment with fun colleagues and table tennis
- A budget for attending tech conferences in Scandinavia and abroad.
- Opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to our Norigin tech blog.
- Be part of our social events within the company and meet people from all disciplines, not just your fellow nerds.
- And other little sweeteners like mobile, home internet, insurances, pensions
Salary is negotiable depending on what skills you have and the skills you’re missing and many other things of course. But don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team! If you have managed to read this far through the application leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter. For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
Please send your cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state the position of “Frontend Developer” in the subject field.