We are looking for a person who can develop use-case based automated tests (e.g. using Fitnesse, Selenium, Robotium) as well as creating and executing manual testing. The candidate should be able to see things from the end user’s perspective and holistically think of the scenarios which can go wrong, and also develop tests to verify all those hard to find bugs and potential problems before they occur. We are looking for a candidate whose second nature is to diagnose issues and find ways to reproduce them. The candidate should know how to collaborate with developers and stakeholders and should be able to translate requirements into tests cases.
Norigin Media offers you a chance to work with the newest of technology and services in a young, fun loving, international environment where your contribution will be noted. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the biggest companies in telecom and pay-TV industry. Our offices are situated in central Oslo with short distance to after work skiing, cultural activities or the beach in the summer.
The chosen candidate will work directly with customers, and with our development and operations teams.
- Working with project managers, developers and operations engineers at all stages to promote and ensure quality
- Producing test strategy for projects and ensure that these are followed
- Producing test plans and ensuring they are followed and maintained
- Create test cases and automate the test procedures
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Perform GUI testing and Java API testing
- Participate to Development, maintaining and enhancing of the test procedures
- Conduct acceptance testing with customers
- Mentor and train junior QA engineers
- Architect, deploy and manage required test environments
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in software testing of web and mobile applications
- 3+ years experience in automated software testing of web and mobile applications
- ISTQB certification or equivalent (expert level in Test Automation Engineering preferred)
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration
- Proactive and capable of prioritizing tasks and projects
- Analytic problem solver and trouble shooter with a cross functional awareness
- Innovative, flexible and able to view products from the end-user’s point of view
- Quick to learn and adapt
- Excellent English communication skills – both written and verbal
- University Degree
We also appreciate
- Able to write Java/JUnit code and Bash/Perl/Python scripts
- Able to build, deploy and debug software on application servers (Tomcat), web servers and database servers in Linux environment
- Additional language skills and international experience appreciated.
For your application to be considered please indicate the possible start date and confirm that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory). Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in English no later than Friday, August 2nd. Please use the subject field “Application – QA Engineer – [First name, Last name]”. For more information contact Jussi Komonen.
Norigin Media is a proudly Scandinavian TV Streaming products & services company. We make TV-Tech simple for broadcasters and operators around the world, who run multi-screen TV streaming solutions similar to Netflix, HBO Nordics, Viaplay, etc.
As one of the original European video streaming providers since 2004, Norigin Media offers video hosting, TV products development and services for multiple global streaming services.
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media has offices in multiple locations and also have staff in multiple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!